If future sociologists decide to decide the era, we currently are experiencing, all they need to do, is review video footage of, either, nearly every time, President Donald Trump speaks (and/ or, Tweets), or, of the debate between the Presidential candidates, held on February 19th! This so – called, debate, was more, debacle than discussion, with, apparently, the rest – of – the – pack, piling – on, against Michael Bloomberg, often doing so, more like a soap opera, than political theater, etc! Calling Mike, a billionaire, and, implying, all billionaires are the same, and evil, is both, inaccurate, as well as nearly as abhorrent as lumping – together, any other group! Every candidate has, both strengths and weaknesses, and isolating issues, out of context, may attract certain supporters, etc, but provides, at best, an inadequate, incomplete picture! This type of behavior, and campaigning, continues being used, because it seems successful, to some, and a path, of least resistance! If we hope to have an America, which we are far more proud of, and is saner, and fairer, individuals must take the personal responsibility, to effectively, FOCUS, more clearly, thoroughly, effectively, and with an emphasis on the bigger – picture! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Face facts; future; furnish; fruition; faithful: Instead of empty rhetoric, and promises, we need to elect people, who are ready, willing, and able to face the facts, and articulate a compelling message, accordingly! They must be relevant, and sustainable, and furnish ideas, for present needs, as well as future considerations. Examine, whether they are faithful, to the public, or to their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest. Will they simply bring forth, pie – in – the – sky, idealistic ideas, with little, to no chance of approval, or introduce viable, pragmatic solutions, which create a genuine path, to making a change – for – the – better?
2. Options; opportunities; organized: Avoid the My way, or the highway, type of public leader! These people, generally, refuse to consider, anything other than their way, and, thus, limit the possibilities, by limiting options and alternatives! We need public officials, who will recognize opportunities, when they present themselves, or, create their own opportunity, in an organized, well – considered manner!
3. Character; creative; coordinate; cooperate: There’s no substitute for quality of character, which co – exists with creative leadership, and a readiness to be the cause of a meeting – of – the – minds! When one coordinates his activities and ideas, with a cooperative attitude, citizens win!
4. Usual; unusual; urgent; unifying: The finest leaders address, both, the usual, as well as unusual needs and requirements, of our society! He must be able to recognize urgent issues, from petty ones, and prioritize, unifying others, for the greater good!
5. Sustainable; solutions; service; stronger: One shouldn’t be elected, if he fails to serve and represent his constituents, by considering options, and introducing viable solutions, which provide service, and make our nation, and citizens, stronger, and better!
We can’t afford to keep electing people, based on their promises, and rhetoric! The only way to make the nation, greater, is to, Make America Sane Again! Are you, ready, willing, and able to FOCUS clearly, and emphasize choosing, in a well – considered manner!